f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Outdoor bathtubs in Canada




















Most Canadian homes have indoor plumbing now, but the true north strong and free folks still enjoy a good old-fahsioned outside bath during the January thaw. Hopping from -30 air temperature into a hot bubbly tub at 102F is good for what ails you.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:53 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Is this anything like the steaming that the eskimos do in Alaska?

    I like the idea, but I just have a hard time with the 3 steps from the back door to the "outside bath"! Brrrrr!

    Now if there were a hot toddy awaiting me, I might get over it pretty quickly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home