f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Monday, May 15, 2006

No Photos - Just news today

Well, I did it. After years of being an arm-chair politician, I filed my nomination papers and I am in the running for Town Councillor. I put my money (not much) where my mouth (a fair bit) is and took the plunge.
I believe that if you don't participate, you forfeit the right to complain.
My Mom told me our family motto is: Lead, follow or get out of the way, but do something! (I think she heard that somewhere but it does sound good.)
So, wish me luck and remember - Vote early and vote often!
I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:11 a.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    I don't know what a Town Councillor is (is that really how it's spelled?) but I'll be voting the F-Stop ticket by proxy. Good luck!

     
  • At 6:23 a.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    Yes. That's how it's spelled. I'm not sure what the equivilant is in Texas, but you may know it better as an Alderman, or a Selectman. It's one of the people who, besides the Mayor, run the town.

     
  • At 11:51 a.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    May you get all the votes you need, but one thing on the ballot will be that you still do your photoblog. I'm not for it unless you promise to do so and then kiss a baby.

    You are just the man for the job. Good sense and sensibility, with a side of laughs to see you through.

    Go f-stop, go f-stop!

     
  • At 9:01 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    Although we have never met (and I sure hope we do) I think of you as friends.
    Thank you both for the kind thoughts and best wishes. I will send a photo of me kissing a babe, sorry, baby.

     
  • At 3:02 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    LOL... it can be a babe as long as it's Sweetie!

    And friends we are. We don't have to live next door to establish that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home