f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Monday, May 29, 2006

My foot fell asleep on me


























It must have been a tired old sole, always feeling stepped on and out of pace with the rest of the world. So when it fell asleep on me, I let it sleep and went to the pool without it. "Are you coming in?" she asked. "I think I'll just dip my foot in" I said. "Well, hop to it" she said with a wry smile on her face.
My sweetie and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary yesterday. It is our "iron" anniversary. If she can stay married to me for 35 years, well, that's what she's made of.
We are having our wedding bands engraved on the inside with the letters "MTTY BLTT".
It stands for "more today than yesterday, but less than tomorrow."
(insert "aww" here)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:32 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Happy Anniversary, Steve and Sweetie! 35 years? That is amazing and quite beautiful. May you have many more celebrations to come.

    And f-stop, make sure you take the foot with you when you go dancing to celebrate the fact that you found a woman who not only put up with you, but loved you for that long. Oh, and I love the engraving idea.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home