f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Monday, May 29, 2006

The smell of the kerosene, the roar of the crowd.


















I love helicopters. Oh, how I love helicopters. The sound of a turbine spooling up, the smell of kerosene fuel, the whir of the rotor blades, that breathtaking, wonderful feeling when you realize that with the grace and ease of an bird....you're flying. Like being on a magic carpet - one second you're on the ground and the next, you're flying. Man! I love helicopters.
If I can't be on one, I love to watch them.
This is an Air Ambulance taking a little kid to the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto about five minutes after midnight. You can see how close some houses are to the helipad, yet the homeowners have never complained. They don't hear the sound of a helicopter, they hear the sound of help.

Something else you may not know about Canada; babies have feasted on "Pablum" for years. It was developed at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We have Stars Air Ambulance land at the hospital 4 blocks away and noone ever complains around here either. Cool tidbit about pablum. Didn't know that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home