f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Friday, April 07, 2006

A Wallflower, I tell you!


















My Mother (on my right), Sweetie (in red behind me) and I were invited to the Captain's Table for din-din. As we were preparing to depart for the food, a friend of my daughter (directly behind the Captain) asked me if I was prepared to be seated , dressed as I was. It was fairly casual and I had on a black shirt and a burgundy coloured sport coat. I said that I felt I was okay and promised not use my sleeve for a napkin.
He said, "You need a little colour man, you're boring!" and rushed back to his cabin. He returned shortly with what I described as the curtains from a Chinese bordello he had made into a jacket.
"Put this on, you'll be the hit of the meal!" I laughed. "C'mon." he said, "No guts?" (Worst thing to say.)
"Gimme the jacket", I said. I put it on and was amazed at the transformation. I was no longer boring. I was the centre of attention. All conversation in my immediate area ceased. Eyes popped. Jaws dropped. My wife and former sweetheart changed back to her maiden name Hossenfeffer, Mother had an attack of the vapours, and Becca told everyone she was adopted and as for the meal.....look at the Captain's face. It never changed during the entire dinner and each and everytime he looked my way. Because the man knows style when he sees it.
Bet he wishes he had one just like it.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:47 p.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    You could play golf in that jacket.

     
  • At 8:16 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    I wouldn't dare! The last thing I'd hear before I succumbed to the blows from 10,000 golf balls would be "fore, fore, fore, fore, fore, fore, fore, fore, fore, fore, fore, fore........" because golfers have self respect.

     
  • At 8:39 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Now you know my life... Finally a man gets it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home