f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Shalee - get your running shoes on
















I have no idea what this bear is doing in the woods, but after I took the photo, I backed away quickly and quietly. Remember, if you are in the woods and a bear charges at you, you only have to outrun whoever (whomever?) is with you. So never go alone in the woods.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my! You got that close to take a picture of a bear?!!!

     
  • At 5:23 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    I now know there is a difference bewteen brave and smart.

     
  • At 9:51 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    My shoes are on, laced and ready to outrun you, f-stop! (That is if I only have to go a mile... After that, I'm toast - or in this case, a late afternoon bear snack. Maybe the bear will look at me and decide that he's not in the mood for a low-fat treat...)

    I could be in real luck and the bear will see you instead and think, "Ooo, I just love a piece of jerky!"

    Where did you take that picture?

     
  • At 8:53 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    This photo was taken in Ontario, I believe around Algonquin Provincial Park.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home