f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Mom, I am so very proud of her

This is a photo of my Mom, taken today, March 30, 2006. She is shown shaking hands with Mayor John Mutton of Clarington while receiving a plaque and certificate of appreciation for her generous donation of a Public Access Defibrillator. The defibrillator has been placed in a facility that cardiac rehabilitation patients use to recover from heart attacks. My brother Tim is seen beside her smiling.
Mom is the first individual to donate a Public Access Defibrillator in our town and the Mayor said this morning that since Mom's story was in the local paper, several organizations have come forward to announce that they will donate defibrillators as well. Way to go Mom!! We are proud of you!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:51 p.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    Well I'm proud just to sorta know someone who knows her! Setting the example is the premium form of influence. I'll bet she has lots of stars in her crown!

     
  • At 4:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go f-stop steve's mom!

     
  • At 4:21 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Woo hoo! That's where you get all the niceness. She gave you a great example of it growing up, I bet.

    Three cheers for your mom! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!

     
  • At 9:28 p.m., Blogger cutiger95 said…

    Defibrillators are an important thing for the medical industry. Having one that is a personal Defibrillator is even more important than usual if you have a loved one that suffers from a known heart condition Defibrillators can be a true life saving thing to have around.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home