f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Air Show Tragedy
















Sweetie and I love air shows. We went to 7 in one year and the closest was in Toronto on Labour Day weekend. The Snowbirds are Canada's elite air demonstration squadron and at this event, they were almost perfect. Almost. During one manevuer two of the planes collided and the Squadron Commander, Major Dempsey, his No. 1 aircraft, is shown is engulfed flames after he safely ejected. The other pilot invovled did not survive and crashed into lake Ontario. I regrettably took a photo of that crash and have never shown it. Never will.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:41 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Oh how sad...

    And I'm glad you're not going to show the other picture.

     
  • At 5:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Being from an airshow hosting city I love them too. But I always have this in the back of my mind when we watch. Very sad that this happened.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home