f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Newest property on Earth (when I took the photo)

























You will have to look very closely but you should see a man walking on the right side of the photo (about half way up). Our helicopter pilot said that sometimes doofi (plural of doofus - although I think it should be doofuses, 'cause it sounds goofier) walk on the hardened lava , not realizing there are "hot spots" where the lava continues to flow through underground subways. They find themselves caught in tight spots and then the Coast Guard get to practice their hoisting techniques to save these people. Apparently, they are very good at hoisting.
Silly rabbits.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:14 a.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    They need to put a sign like at the mall that reads "You are here" -- or maybe better, "If you are here - you are so screwed."

     
  • At 11:20 a.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    Yeah - about those signs, have you ever wonderd HOW "they" know that "You are here"? When you walk farther down the mall and you come to the next directional sign, "they" know that now "You are here". They always seem to know where you are. Don't tell me I'm paranoid either, I don't have time to worry about that because so many people are after me.
    (Just kidding)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home