f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Friday, June 23, 2006

A buliding within a building


























I was stopped at a traffic light when I grabbed my digital camera and took what I hate - a "snap shot".
To me a photograph is a slice of time. They should be set up and composed correctly. A photograph is "made" a picture is "taken", a subtle but true difference. A snap shot picture is when you hold up a camera and push the button.
So - that being said, I like this photograph. I just set up and composed it quicker than normal.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:51 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    I like it too, whatever you want to call it. Not bad for a grandpa! :)

     
  • At 6:25 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    You are too kind. Take an extra pulse out of petty cash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home