f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm not lion!

















This is a photo of Ceasar. He was the most famous resident of the Bowmanville Zoo, the largest privately owned zoo in Canada. He was a movie star too (just like yesterday's blog). He starred in several movies and commercials including, "The Ghost and the Darkness" and "George of the Jungle". He died a few years ago of cancer and now his offspring are at the zoo. However, they may not be there for long. Developers have moved in and are building subdivisions around the zoo. What are the chances of the zoo lasting in its present location? fat and slim. The zoo has been an important part of this town for a long time and has employed more than a few of the kids from town (including both our kids) and if it should be forced to close, it will be a loss that will be missed forever.
Sometimes progress is not "pro" anything. Just my two cents worth.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When you win the election in November you can petition to keep Caesar's legacy alive and well in the B dot.

     
  • At 7:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Caesar is still alive, it's his half-brother Bongo, also a movie star, that died a few years ago!

    -your friendly staffer at the b-ville zoo :)

     
  • At 8:49 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    Put on my orthopedic shoes! I stand corrected.
    Thanks for correcting that issue for me. I could never tell them apart.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home