f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Friday, June 16, 2006

Glacier Studies - 101 Class # 4


























Shortly after this episode happened, the ship, which displaced about 37,000 tons, rocked back and forth from the wave. The Wildlife Officer told us that one or two sea kayakers are killed each year from falling ice when they venture too close to the glaciers.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love all these bits & peices of information...
    Never know when you'll be asked a random question on these strange topics...now I'll have an answer to any glacier questions. Keep them coming. ;-)

     
  • At 12:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Another beautiful pic. Never understood the mindset of getting as close to danger as you can so kayaking right next to them would so never enter my mind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home