f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Glacier Studies 101 - Class # 3


















This is an example of an ancient tidewater glacier. Please note the deep blue of the ice indicating that it has very little air remaining in it. This ice is extremely hard and approaches the strength of solid rock. Once again, the darker surface colour is crushed rock. We helicoptered onto the surface of the glacier and very few of the other tourists found it amusing when I ran around asking "Did you feel that? It moved!"
The vignetting in the corners of the photograph is caused by using a cheap wide-angle lens.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm really wanting to go on a cruise to see these for myself now!

     
  • At 1:10 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Oh f-stop, I would so love a cruise with you. We could work as a team with the "It moved!" scheme.

    I'm loving these pictures!

     
  • At 7:28 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    Shalee, I have decided that you are the nicest person I've never met. Your comments are always so welcome and really make my day. Thanks. I appreciate it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home