f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Thursday, June 22, 2006

My mug shot


























Shalee wants to know what my favorite coffee mug looks like. Okay, here it is. It's a Starbucks travel mug that you can unscrew the bottom and put in photos, pictures, etc. The magnificent artwork was drawn by my Grand-son Jake. It shows the two of us at our annual favorite-place-in-the-world-to-be-together, the model train show. It may not be much to look at, but each time I pick it up, it serves to remind me what's important.
As for what's in it? Well, I like Nigerian Dark Roast coffee. We have a Cuisinart automatic grind coffee maker that grinds and makes the coffee all in one. Cold, filtered water and the coffee beans in the Tupperware container in the cupboard. (If you keep your coffee in the freezer, the frost-free humidifier dries it out.)
I also like a dab of International Delight Irish Cream coffee flavour.
Sometimes, just sometimes, (only to ward off evil spirits you understand), I will use a touch of Heather Cream liqueur in place of the International Delight. The problem with doing this is that it makes the coffee taste like "more".

2 Comments:

  • At 1:55 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    I love that mug and I think it is that much to look at!

    I too like to add a little something to my coffee, but being that I usually only drink it in the morning, I have a hard time coming up with a good excuse why my mouth doesn't always keep up with the words that want to come out.

    Thanks for playing f-stop!

     
  • At 4:50 p.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    I would have picked that mug out as yours out of 100. You're a big bowl of jello when it comes to those grandkids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home