f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Sunday, March 26, 2006

This volcano is old enough to smoke
















Dawn - the Pacific side of Central America - winds warm, sea calm, nerves not. I am looking at my first volcano and we are going ashore in less than an hour to a place where the mountains can erupt. What the heck, it will probably be okay. If it's not then I will take some interesting photos. If the camera survives. (Details from my diary)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:31 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Good night nurse! It will be Pompeii all over again. Don't go f-stop! Stay on the boat and send over the expendable guy. (You know there is one in every story. Just watch Star Trek to get my point.

     
  • At 5:50 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    Aren't they the guys in the red shirts with no lines to speak? Except for aaaaaaggggghhhhh!

     
  • At 6:33 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Yep. Those are the very ones to whom I was referring. Send one of them over to bite the dust (or ash in this case); you capture it all on film and sell the photos to the highest bidder. Then you can easily pay for the first round.

    Sometimes I am so brilliant, I even surprise myself...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home