f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rose, boots and flag

I took this photograph a number of years ago at the Viet Nam Memorial in Washington. The plastic bag contains a note to the fallen soldier.
I went looking for it after seeing a pair of boots in a sidebar on Shalee's blog.
I am posting it as a tribute not only to the Americans, but to all soldiers who paid the ultimate price so that we can live in freedom.
"Thank you" doesn't seem to be enough.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 7:45 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    How beautiful are the hands and feet that serve...

    Amen and thank you for the gentle reminder Steve.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home