f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Saturday, June 16, 2007

A different career choice

















The gentleman in silver is a "living statue". He makes his living by pretending to be made of metal and standing very still.
The problem was - it was very hot outside when this photograph was taken. About 85F to be exact. He had on a leather coat, boots and gloves and a turtleneck sweater. In addition to all this, he was painted with silver paint and had grease in his hair.
If you look closely at the photo and focus in on his neck, you will see how the paint has washed away with his perspiration.
A tough job but he did it professionally.
I have no idea who the stiff on his right is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home