f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Stuff Americans in the Southern USA can't do.


























Here's the contents of the test: take one cup of boiling water. Add an outside air temperature lower than -35 degrees, throw the cup of water in the air. Result? Snow.
Let me know how you make out in Brownsville or Key West.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:30 a.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    You're right.. We didn't even know what snow was until the Winter of 1982. All I can say is that I was all for something that got us out of school for days! (Seriously, if they saw 2 flakes, schools shut down, businesses closed and we were guaranteed to hear about 40 wrecks in the first hour. Those people really don't know what to do when the "snow storm" approached.)

    Now in Kansas, you have to have 2 feet before they close squat. That is just so sad... for my kids.

     
  • At 10:50 a.m., Blogger Susanne said…

    Cool idea! I'm gonna try with my dayhome kids. Next winter of course! 'Cause right now we're hitting about 30 degrees above freezing.

     
  • At 12:20 p.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    If you throw a cup of boiling water in the air here, it actually creates a nice breeze because boiling water is cooler and less humid than the air.

    I admire Canada because your two year olds can say pants like "pants" -- and not "paints". It's the price we pay for lack of snow.

     
  • At 12:23 p.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    But then there's this about Canada:
    http://jcleaverdiaries.blogspot.com/2006/06/im-tossing-my-visa-away-we-were-in.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home