f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Our little garden


















For years and years, our back yard was filled with kids, kid's toys, swing sets and dogs. The toys are gone, the dogs are gone and the kids (although they come and go) are mostly gone. But the best news is...so is the grass. Sweetie and I had the backyard (long and narrow) turned into our little piece of paradise. We both like green plants and have filled the backyard and the front yards with hostas plants. This photograph is looking west with my back against the pool fence.
When asked if we are going on vacation, I always tell people that we are going "as far as "Ourgate" which is at the end of "our yard".
The second shot is looking to the east towards, (wait for it) "Ourgate Lake".
I had some golfing buddies over for a beer a few years ago and one of them said "this is like being at the cottage".
We think of this place as our cottage. We have a hot tub spa, central air, digital cable tv with big screen tv and comfortable beds. The only thing we don't have are reservations.
But friends are always welcome.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 a.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    How soon can I book a vacation there? And does it come with breakfast?

    That is a beautiful view, f-stop. And how much you can appreciate that it is just outside your door.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home