f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

In the eye of the London eye



















This is London. This is one of the pods on the "London Eye". The world's tallest, slowest ferris wheel. There are 32 pods and each one holds 25 people (unless you're special - like us). The wheel revolves at .85 feet per second and it takes more than 30 minutes to go around once.

It takes you more than 440 in the air, and when the weather's nice, you can see 25 miles.
Today the weather was nice. I am too so I posted two photos for you.
We are staying in the hotel at the base of the wheel. Around the back - in the basement - off the kitchen - near the laundry room dryer - in a closet - standing up to sleep - and go outside to change our mind.
I'm kidding. We have a nice room on the second floor. We only have to stay here one more night and then it's off to Paris.
Oh I forgot to ask - How's work going?
I know. I'll pay for that one.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a view, I'm very envious.....work what work(lol)...it's sunny a 27 today. Red is behaving even though the admiral seems to have jumped ship. Happy EMS week. See you on your split...that's only 9 days away...say hi to Sweetie and hugs to you both!!

     
  • At 11:44 a.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Grrr... Work sucks compared to the fun y'all are having, even if it is in a closet.

    So... is that the original eyePod? Ba da bump.

    Two shows weekly, folks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home