f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One of the coolest places on earth!
























If the opportunity ever presents itself when you come to Toronto, visit the Ontario Science Centre. It has been around for years and the geniuses that run the place are amazing! There is always something to see, do, touch, spin, listen, watch and wonder. Kids (of all ages) love the place. We recently went there with our kids and grandkids and we had a blast.
Now - for an explanation of the photograph. You sit in front of a computer camera and it takes your photo in black and white. It then transfers your image to another computer that controls this 40 foot high bubble machine. When it sees a white pixel in the image, it produces a bubble. When it detects a black pixel it produces nothing. By matching the bubbles to the white pixels, it reproduces the image from the first camera shot.
If you look closely, you will be able to make out the image of someone very close to me. My Sweetie.
Both the machine and the person represented have similarities - they are both amazing.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home