f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Friday, January 26, 2007

It's Official! We're closing the pool for the winter now.


















I put a sign on the pool today. "Closed for the season - Reason? Freezin'!"
The interesting phenomenon in the center of the photo is called "sea smoke". It happens when the air is significantly colder than the water. I have witnessed this on the ocean in Halifax and on Lake Ontario.
It usually occurs when a gentle breeze waifs down from the North Pole at about a thousand miles an hour, and stays for several months.
An interesting side note - for those of you who may not know this; there are two season in Canada: winter and construction.
By the way - we are both fine and thanks for asking.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:23 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    "There are two season in Canada: winter and construction."

    Well, when is construction because I don't think my poor little body can handle the winter by the looks of things...

     
  • At 12:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can almost hear the crunching of the snow under my feet and far off in the distance the sound of a snowmobile racing across the waters. Winter, was it worth the wait...no I want the warm weather back. burrrrrrrrrrrrr!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home