f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The story of Sweetie

Once upon a time there was a really young man named F-stop Steve (although he didn't go by F-stop at the time). He somehow instinctively knew what his future wife would look like. In fact, he was able to describe her in very minute detail.
He is on record in the family archive as having described her as follows: "She is 5' 2' tall, has dark hair and the biggest and deepest brown eyes in the world. She has a beautiful smile and when she looks at me, her eyes light up and my heart dances."
F-stop's brothers thought he was crazy. How could he know what his future wife would look like?
One beautiful day in June 1966, a lovely young lady (that worked in the same place as F-stop's mother) mentioned that she was moving to a new apartment on the weekend. F-stop's mother said, "Stop by my place, I have three boys that can help you move."
So the lovely young lady pulled up in front of F-stop's house. Just as she got out the car, F-stop and his brother were looking out the front window.
As she looked up from the car towards the window, F-stop punched his brother's arm and said, "That's her."
His brother asked "That's who?" "That's my wife" said F-stop. "You're crazy! You don't even know her name!" said his brother. "Doesn't matter" said F-stop. "That's my wife."

On December 30, 2006, F-stop and Sweetie will be married for 13,000 days. Exactly. I was right all along.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    F-Stop (Admiral). I am so happy that you have shared this story of love and admiration with everyone. As I personally know you I have once before heard this recap of your meeting of "Sweetie" and I must say that it still, and always will, touch a place in my heart. You are still a young couple deeply and truly in love who inspire all around. Merry Christmas! from me and my "Sweets"

     
  • At 3:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sweetie is one lucky woman. How long did it take you to convince her that you were the one?

    And I fully expect an updated F-stop and Sweety picture to commemorate the 13,000 day anniversary!

    Shalee

     
  • At 10:36 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    She said it took her a lot longer to know I was the one. About 60 seconds longer.

     
  • At 5:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaaaw! You made me sniffle with that sweet story. And that's kinda hard to do because I'm pretty crusty. Happy Anniversary F-Stop and Sweetie! Many more.

     
  • At 5:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well that is a marriage made in heaven then!

    Shalee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home