f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Saturday, December 30, 2006

13,000 consecutive days

Today, December 30, 2006, is the 13,000th day that Sweetie and I have been married. We have actually known (and loved) each other for 14, 813 days, but I was away in the service and although those days are important too, we don't count them for the marriage.
Without sounding too sappy, this lady that I love is my rudder and my keel and the sails of my soul. She keeps me on course and stable and moving forward.
In return, she says I make her laugh.



So, what's our secret? There are a few.
Always remember that you liked the person before you loved them.
Expect hard times and move past them.
Hug each other. It takes 4 hugs a day to survive, 6 hugs a day to maintain and 8 hugs a day to grow.
Never grow tired of saying "I love you".
Once a day, try to make the person you love laugh.



















One more thing - figure out this code and say it to the people you love every night (even if it's over the telephone).
GN ILY SYITM PD GB

Make it a nice day or, better yet, 13,000 nice days.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Night
    I Love You
    See You In The Morning
    Perfect Day
    Great Baklava?

    I get all the others, but that last one just doesn't seem to equate with the whole nice day scenario...

    Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple on the inside and out. May God grace you with another 13,000 days of nice days.

     
  • At 11:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Night, I love you, See you in the morning, Pleasant Dreams, God Bless.

    I never realized that "Sweetie" married Geraldo.

    Congratulations you two, you deserve only the best things in life.

    KTLA,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home