f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Monday, April 17, 2006

Pop Quiz!


























Okay Students, today's pop quiz is a combination of math, science and the internet. The object in the photo (the tall one on the right) is the CN Tower, the tallest free standing structure in the World! The big marshmallow looking thing on the left is the Skydome. Here's the quiz: find the height of the CN Tower, find the height of the tallest/highest mountain in the world and figure out how many CN Towers would it take, stacked one on the other, to equal the height of the world's tallest mountain.
Round it up to the nearest whole number. Neatness counts. No cheating. The test starts NOW!

9 Comments:

  • At 9:33 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    42

     
  • At 9:39 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    You're guessing.

     
  • At 8:38 a.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    Is that the CN tower or is Toronto just happy to see me?

    Um... 43?

     
  • At 9:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is this a trick question? I thought the marshmellow was the Rogers Center (hee hee). I know I'll pay for that.

    Happy Belated B'day Becca, you're lucky to have such a great dad.

     
  • At 2:27 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    42 is the answer to everything. Or chocolate. Chocolate won't work for this one.

    No guessing needed for it.

    okay if you want to get down to it:

    CN Tower: 1815 ft
    Mt Everest: 20,035 ft
    It would take 15.99 towers to equal Mt. Everest, but if you round up to 16 the towers will be 5 ft over the mountain. The marshmellow was a red herring.

    Sheesh. I didn't know I would use all that math after graduation...

     
  • At 6:01 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    I mistyped... Mt. Everest is 29,035.

    What's a few thousand feet amongst friends?

     
  • At 9:12 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    My, My, aren't we clever? The only item I have to offer is that the country of Tibet (who actually owns Mt. Everest) says it is really 29,028 feet. Still, Shallee got it right. Tre Bon.
    Who has the next one?

     
  • At 9:13 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    Sorry. Mistyped "Shalee". Sorry.

     
  • At 11:05 a.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    No problem f-stoop. I'll be more diligent next time... Et merci pour la leçon de maths, mais la réponse devrait toujours être le chocolat...


    Becca: Now that is funny!!! One per customer... funny stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home