f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ketchikan, Alaska



















This is the Creek Street area of Ketchikan, Alaska. It used to be the bordello area of the town during the gold rush. I have no idea how I got there. I mean, oh, never mind.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:41 a.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    You're in bad shape when you find yourself in Ketchikan and you don't know how you got there! If I recall correctly, the only way in or out is by plane or boat.

     
  • At 11:38 a.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    Oh, I know how I got to Ketchikan. What I'm unsure of is how I got into the bordello part of town!

     
  • At 1:07 p.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    Tour bus?

     
  • At 10:11 p.m., Blogger Matt Shields said…

    they also used to bootleg liquor when the tide was high, they'd bring it by boat up under the buildings...

    thomas basin (the boat harbor area you saw where the creek exits) used to have ball games there at low tide, then it was dredged

    nice photos... been a while since I've been there (my old home)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home