f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Locking us out or them in?


















Well, here's how my day went... I was running late (again), dropping off/picking up important paperwork etc., to the paramedic stations, responding to calls, answering the cell phone (again), answering the pager (again), listening to dispatch on the radio (still) when suddenly, the Tahoe started acting weird.

On top of all the other input I was getting (c)rammed into my skull was a new bit of information... a "ping" sound. I started scanning for anything that would account for the "ping" and noticed one of the idiot lights on the dashboard lit and a message showing - "check tire pressure". I safely and quickly stopped the truck (always the professional) and stepped out on a deserted side road to see what had transpired.

Three of the tires were perfect. One wasn't. I called the dispatcher and told her where I was and that I would be out of service for a while. I called the tire company and they said they would send someone right out. Okay - now what? I had a cell phone (good and bad), I had a pager (bad), I had a service radio (good), I had an AM/FM radio (good), I had water (good), I had a snack (very good) - but I had no way out.

So, I did what I always do when this sort of thing happens, I dug out the camera. Right across the road was this little piece of paradise. I took several shots, enjoying the surroundings and was there for a few minutes before I even noticed the fence. Fences around little pieces of paradise always bother me - are they keeping us out or them in?

4 Comments:

  • At 9:33 a.m., Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    Depends on who owns the piece of paradise! Nice post.

     
  • At 1:31 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Love the attitude of making the best out of every situation... Yeah, I needed that today.

    Did you get a close up to see if the grass was greener on the other side?

     
  • At 7:48 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    It appeared to be greener. But I got a soaker while going to see it. Still, I saw it as a chance to wash my socks and feet.

     
  • At 10:00 a.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Well there is a silver lining after all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home