f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Angle Parking - a new perspective

" Hello, Boss? It's Joe. I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that something got hoisted up pretty high and pretty quick on this last job. The bad news is that it was the crane and not the tree. "

A combination of really wet ground, a heavier than expected tree trunk and just bad luck lead to this incident in Beaverton, Ontario today.

No-one was injured but, as you might expect, the profit-margin for this job is lower than anticipated.

Officials on-scene felt that it would take two more cranes of equal size to safely lower this one to the ground .

Keeping things in perspective - How was your day at work?

2 Comments:

  • At 5:33 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Oh my lands... My day was stupendous compared to yours. I went out for ice cream for lunch. That made the day so much better!

     
  • At 4:47 p.m., Blogger Andrew MacLaren-Scott said…

    Heck! Great image.

    (Just looking around the blogs)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home