f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Gravity Bridge - Cambridge


According to local legend, this bridge was originally built without the aid of nails, nuts or bolts. Because the design was so close to perfection, gravity was the only force that held it together .
However, a group of students (with more ego than skill) took the bridge apart and, like the story of Humpty Dumpty, could not put it together again. It had to be rebuilt with nails, nuts and bolts.
There is a lesson here.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:17 a.m., Blogger Becca said…

    Cool bridge, cool story, cool photo!

     
  • At 12:31 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    I bet it was a group of BOYS! They're always taking things apart to see how they work...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home