f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Melrose Abbey - Scotland


























The history of the British Isles is so inter-weaved it is unbelievable. I have been reading the history of the Knights Templar and their connection with Rosslyn Chapel. They (and Rosslyn Chapel) are connected with Melrose Abbey. The legend says that the heart of Robert the Bruce, a one time King of Scotland is buried in this abbey. It was buried here after being returned to Scotland from the crusades where it was carried by a Knight Templar whose family built Rosslyn Chapel. England is connected to Scotland; melrose to Rosslyn; Knights Templar to Robert the Bruce and finally the 100 aker wood to Winnie the Pooh (who was Canadian by the way- "Winnie" is short for "Winnipeg").

Amazing isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home