f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Shambles
























This is the area known as "The Shambles". It may have been called that because of the building standards.
An interesting side note to these buildings is the origin of the terms "upper, middle and lower classes". It seemed that when you emptied your chamber pot into the street (as was the custom), if you were the "upper" class you didn't see any substances flow (float) past your window. If you were the "middle' class, you only saw it once, but if you were the "lower" class, you saw stuff from both other "classes. Check it out.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home