f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pastoral eh what?


















While driving around the other day, I came upon these majestic animals. I know they are not Clysdales because they don't have the "feathers" on their hooves. They are either Belgians or Percherons. Either way, they are draft horses, so called because they were bred for hauling heavy loads.
I suspect these are beautiful examples of Belgian draft horses, if for no other reason than there are more Belgian draft horses around than any other type.
But, I have my orthopedic shoes standing by in case I have to stand corrected.

Something else you might not know about Canada...
The first commercial jet powered aircraft to fly in the western hemisphere was designed in Canada by James Floyd. It was the Avro C-102 and it was called "the Jetliner" a name that was used to describe any commercial jet for many years. Now you know.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home