f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Monday, July 17, 2006

Hawaiian wall




















The effort that went into making this wall must have been enormous. It takes a few seconds to realize how precisely the stones fit. An interesting carving can be seen on the large circular stone in the middle left of the photograph.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:21 p.m., Blogger Shalee said…

    Perhaps if I liked puzzles more I could do something like this. That takes some good forward thinking.

    And I did see the angel. That is a neat image to carve into the wall.

     
  • At 12:31 p.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    My problem is that walls I build frequently turn out like this - even when I want them square and straight!

     
  • At 11:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I work with a lot of stone masons in my line of work and they are amazing artists. I think this wall is beautiful, from a geologic as well as a design perspective.

    BTW, I like the new look of your blog F-stop.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home