f-stop steve


This is my first attempt at a photoblog. I have been doing self-taught photography for most of my life. I hope you like this effort. Please click on the photos for enlargements.
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine"

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Taku Glacier, Alaska

While zooming up this fog-covered glacier in a helicopter, the foremost thought in my mind was the really poor chance of surviving a chopper crash into those enormous rock-hard pillars of ice. It was a thrilling ride to say the least.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:53 p.m., Blogger jason said…

    Beautiful sight! I wonder why this photo has so much noise. Did you use a high ISO (assuming it's taken with a digital camera)?

     
  • At 9:44 a.m., Blogger f-stop steve said…

    Hi Jason - thanks for the comment. It was a beautiful sight! I shot this with film - I didn't own a digital at the time. I scanned the photo into the computer. As I recall, it was an ISO of 200 (my usual film speed). I suspect the noise came from a combination of the fog, the windshield of the helicopter and the speed of the camera. Hope this helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home